What does a Lawboxer look like?
Lawboxers are consultants who have flexibility in where they work; but more importantly in how they work. This flexibility is just one of the things we look for in our Lawboxers.
A Lawboxer is an expert in their field. For example, our legal Lawboxers have a minimum of 5 years practising experience, but for us, being a Lawboxer is not just about ticking the technical box. Being a Lawboxer is about attitude, work ethic, and mind-set. It’s about challenging the status quo and always striving to find the best way.
Personal attributes we look for in our Lawboxers are:
- Well-rounded and open-minded individuals. People who can adapt to different situations, environments and circumstances with ease.
- People who see obstacles as challenges or problems that must be solved as opposed to people whose instinct is to retreat from them.
- Enthusiasm, liveliness and spirit
- People who ask questions, a lot!
- Good listeners
- Individuals who recognize the importance of being taken out of their comfort zone and regularly seek opportunities to do so.
- People who know how to enjoy themselves and their free time
- Ambitious people who regularly ask the question ‘how can I/we do this better?’
Do you have what it takes to be a Lawboxer?
We believe it is possible to have a good work / life balance as a consultant and still succeed in delivering a better service for our client (sound like the Holy Grail right?!). If you’re a legal expert, designer, or project manager and this is something you think you’d like to explore then we’d love to have a chat.
Do I need to have done legal design before to be a Lawboxer?
By its very nature, legal design is a journey for all of us. Some of us are able to apply the theory quicker than others, purely down to the way we are all wired differently. But we believe everyone has the ability to develop a legal design approach to their service. All it takes is a willingness to accept the change.
If you haven’t experienced legal design before but think you have what it takes, then we would love to hear from you. We offer all our consultants training in legal design …. But beware! Once you start working with a legal design approach, you won’t want to go back!
Need not apply:
- Individuals wanting to do a job, get paid, and go home
- Individuals who criticize or highlight problems but never come forward with potential solutions
- Individuals seeking the safety and security of a guaranteed income
- People who openly talk about their successes more often than their failures