First and foremost, we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This policy will tell you how we look after your personal data when you visit our website, and will tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Our role in your privacy
If you are a Lawbox client, or just visiting our website, this policy applies to you.
If you are a Lawbox client or a visitor to our website we act as the ‘data controller’ of personal data. This means we determine how and why your data are processed.
We are registered as a data controller at the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA699778.
Data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together here.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you.
- Information you provide us through direct interactions.
- Information we collect through automated technologies or interactions with our website.
How we use your personal data.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.